Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer Vacation

A tradition that my husband's family have started a couple years ago was that we would visit each other every other year.  My husband has two (of three) brothers in Tacoma, Washington and his two sisters live in Texas, one in Houston and one down the street from us with my mother in law there and across the street from them.  This summer was their turn to come down to see us.  Sadly only one brother and his daughter were able to make it and not also the other with his wife or little girl Madi.  Last year, she and Evelyn had so much fun together.  They are a year and a half apart so Evelyn was able to have a lot of fun with her.
We spent two days at the beach.  When the Washintonian Brothers come, they say, "I can spend the whole week at the beach."  So we try to spend at least two days there.  I grew up in this area and my sister in law and her family have lived here for over 10 years so the beach is something we always have, as well as the heat and sun.  So the Texans usually limit it to two days, especially for the little kids.  We always have fun though, using bodyboards and making mountains of sand.
Heading to the water!
We spent three days in San Antonio at a time share.  Its a time share only hotel and very nice, felt like a home and not a hotel.  We had a four bedroom, three bath suite. 
The great room.  Looked bigger in person.  Love the beams!
Looking at everything all I could think is, "If only our house looked this put together."  Everything matched so well.  Everthing!  The table was an 8-12 seater.  I want a table that big!  We have a big family, Tom's side sounds big huh?  His is the small side.  It's only me and my brother but all of my mother's sisters and brother are here and most of all their kids and grandkids which means that we see them regularly.  I would love to have a larger table like that.  Then we could have stuff at our house too!  I'm going off track though...
The first day that we got to San Antonio, we went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
Evelyn with two of her cousins.
Evelyn absolutely loved it!  We bought a cup from there and now when she sees it she tells us that she wants to back there.  So maybe we will go again next year with my parents or wait for Stevy (my brother) to get back and take a long weekend.
We also went down the Riverwalk.
Evelyn and Tom
We had a fun time with the family.  Sometimes family can make you frustrated or annoyed but family is what completes you, makes you whole.  Family is what can make you smile.  Family is what can bring you back from even your darkest times.  Family is a big melting pot of personalities, love, excitement and especially a little craziness.  How else could you still go on loving each other?

Examples of craziness! 
Love you my family and I'm constantly looking foward to the memories we will make together!

No comments:

Post a Comment