Monday, December 30, 2013

Awesome HEB Toys

If you read my blog you know that I am a fan of HEB.  I worked there just out of high school to pay for college and worked there for three years.  My mother worked at HEB for ten years, retiring when my brother was born.  My mother worked to help put my dad through college.  It's a great place to work I would say.  Everything is about the people.  It's like a small home town grocery store even when you are at an HEB Plus.  I enjoy it very much.
 
HEB makes toy products of their own things such as grocery carts, eighteen wheeler delivery trucks and grocery baskets.  My parents have a picture of me when I was about Evelyn's age, 3, where I am dressed like an HEB bakery employee (my mother worked in the bakery and is still know today for being the greatest baker in the family and among all her friends) and I am sitting on a metal HEB truck that my mother got at work.  I am going to show you two products that I made sure we got for Evelyn, one of which we've had for a year now, the other she just got for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa.
 
The first is the HEB grocery cart:
 
 above and below: with nothing inside
 
 above and below: with a 15" doll
 
The play HEB grocery cart is just like the real HEB carts; grey with red accents.
 
 
Next is the HEB grocery basket:
 Outside of basket
 
 Basket sealed up before opening
 
HEB Ketchup, HEB Angus beef hotdog weenies and HEB Bake Shop hotdog buns
 
 HEBuddy chicken nuggets and HEBuddy burgers
 
 HEB MooTopia Lactose Free chocolate milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar (2), HEB Toasted Oats cereal (generic plain Cheerios) and what I think is supposed to be the HEB reusable bag.
 
This did not come in the HEB grocery basket but I think this is what the bag above is supposed to be.  This is a little reusable bag from HEB (they have many) that my mom got for Evelyn. 
It's a good size for a lunch.
 
 HEB whole kernel corn (can), HEB Creamy Creations 1905 Vanilla, HEB Creamy Creations Texas Seasons Poteet Strawberry and HEB cut green beans (can)
 
Fresh HEB produce; whole corn, two jalapenos, orange, apple, lime and a banana
Two eggs and HEB Home Style Flour Tortillas (made fresh daily)
 
 
All of the products found in the HEB basket can be found at any HEB.
 
I'd like to point out the Creamy Creations ice cream.  Best ever!  I didn't know ice cream could be so creamy!  If you have an HEB near you, please try some.  If you don't have an HEB near you...then I'd say it's time you come see a little piece of heaven and visit Texas.  The Texas Seasons Poteet Strawberry ice cream is from the annual Strawberry Festival held in April in Poteet, Texas, about an hour south of San Antonio.  I like, a lot, when stores do those kinds of things; bring the spirit of where they come from into what they make.  There are a lot of things in Texas that are only Texas, just like any other state.  The Poteet Annual Strawberry Festival is a Texas treasure and I am happy to see that it is being noticed even in our ice cream.
 
 
I have heard it said that those who don't live in Texas think that Texans are a little too proud of Texas and all that implies.  I think that if you lived in Texas then you might see what we see, but then again you might not.  "I wasn't born a Texan but I got here as soon as I could."  A nice bumper sticker.  I was born, raised and I still reside in Texas and I never want to make a home anywhere else.  I may move to another state for a short time but I will always come back to my home town of Texas even if it was just to be buried.
 
Texas My Texas.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the hand basket toy last night and wanted to buy it! So cute. I absolutely LOVE H-E-B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this response is so late...but yes they are so cute! Hope you were able to get one! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babes, have you seen a PINK MONKEY PLUSH WITH A DIAMOND ON ITS ASS??? PLS ANSWER DAMMIT

    ReplyDelete