Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Ken Doll

Evelyn is showing off how Ken's sunglasses match hers!
We were at HEB and to save time, Tom took Evelyn to the books while I picked out more food.  When I went to get them, Evelyn came up to the shopping cart and put in a Barbie doll and a Ken doll without saying a thing. 

"Wait a minute, I told you to ask Mama what she thinks first," Tom stopped her. 
She looked at me with such wanting eyes.
I looked at Tom and he mouthed, 'Just one?' with a shrug. 
"Just get Ken because you already have a Teresa at home. Okay?" I answered. 
"Okay!" she ran back and left Barbie and then came back to place Ken softly into the cart.

It always surprises me when she is so happy about things so socially considered to be girly.  Evelyn tries to keep a distance from those things like pink, purple and floral patterns, even though we tell her that it's okay to like those things and that liking them doesn't mean she doesn't like her favorite colors blue and green and things like cars and super heroes, but she still resists.

It surprised me how much she likes him.   She's carried him around for the two days she has had him.   I'm hoping it has nothing to do with Ken not having a shirt on.  Of course if it does have something to do with that, that's defiantly girly and something to be very scared of!

No comments:

Post a Comment