Saturday, September 27, 2014

Water Street Seafood Co.

I have lived in South Texas my whole life so far.  Within 10 miles of each place.  For the first time in my life I ate at the Water Street Seafood Co. of Corpus Christi Texas.


I had never eaten there before and it is a very touristy place.  I had the Blue Crab cakes meal with three shrimp.  The crab cakes were very different than I ever had.  Very different.  I am no culinary critic, so I can't explain too well the texture but I would say that it wasn't like a pastry.  It was like a deep fried ball of shredded meat.  It had a sauce on it that was not spicy but very strong in both flavor and smell.  Strange that the strong scent didn't travel far, only when you bring it to your face.  It was good though.   The shrimp was good.  As was the tarter sauce.
The atmosphere was nice.  It was loud and echoey though.  I don't think a restaurant should be echoey.   When I eat a meal with someone, I want to be able to have a conversation with them as well, especially on date nights.  I saw many who were co-workers, eating together.   I imagine, whether for pleasure or business, you would want to be able to hear them just fine when you eat which was very hard there.

Over all, great fun!  This kinda sounds like a critic I'm making but I'm just trying to tell my first experience of visiting a tourist attraction of Corpus Christi Texas.
I enjoyed it very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment