Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pencil Cake Banner

For Evelyn's last day of school, I made her a cake with this pencil cake banner.

Supplies:
- text you want, 12pt, with double spaces between each letter
- long pencils, preferably sharpened
- string, light weight and any color you want
- scissors
- washi tape
- plastic snack bag or plastic wrap
-double stick tape

- Put double stick tape on the back of your letters and cut them accordingly.
- Measure the distance you need/want for the top of your banner
- Cut three pieces of string, I made each subsequent half an inch shorter to angle the pencils for my small cake.
- Tie the strings to the pencils.
- Add your letters and washi tape.

Wrap the bottoms of your pencils with plastic and double stick tape.

TADA!
Complete!

I'm sorry I didn't get pictures of everything.  I was trying to beat the clock.  I finished this just in time to put it in the cake before I needed to get Evelyn from her last day of school.

Hope y'all liked this.
It was my second cake banner I made, and it turned out better than my last.
I'm getting better!  I hope y'all keep trying to improve also.

Hope to hear from y'all soon!
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment