Monday, August 17, 2020

A Relaxing Type of Mask

Welcome everyone!  
During this time when masks are required, take some time to wear a different kind of mask.

Facial masks are a great way to de-stress, and there are so many out there to try; bubbles, peels, sheets, and home-made ones, but how do you pick the right one for you?  Well, you just need to understand what each kind of mask exactly does.

Bubble Masks are the newest trend in States when it comes to facial masks, but what's the big deal about it?  I'll tell ya!  These masks usual start of in a liquid form and once it's applied to your face, the oils in your skin will cause it to turn into what looks like soft foam.  This foam, or bubbles, gets into the pores of your face by naturally using the oxygen inside it.
Bubble masks can work for any skin type, but if you have very dry skin be sure to follow it up with a moisturizing sheet mask.



Moisturizing sheet masks are something you could use everyday, just as long as you are also washing your face everyday.  Never put a moisture sheet mask on dirty skin!  All that will do is help the dried dust of the surface of your face become moist and seep into your pores.  Those with oily skin may think a moisturizing sheet mask is the opposite of what you need, but that's not true!  You just need to find the right kind of sheet mask.  Some of them are for just moisturizing, but there are also ones with aloe and cucumber which are wonderful natural agents which help reduce swelling and redness.  Sometimes I put an aloe sheet mask in the fridge for half an hour before I use it to help the process even more.

Peeling masks are my favorite of all beauty masks!  Maybe because they were the first beauty masks I've used, or maybe because they are what help me look ten years younger than I am. (That's not an exaggeration.  People are always surprised how old I am by my looks.)  If you use them too often, they can damage your skin, or if you use the very strong ones and you have sensitive skin, so pay attention to which ones you use an how often.  These work in a very simple way; smooth onto your face, when it dries, it holds onto the ickiness inside your pores, and when you pull off the mask, out comes the ickiness!

Now finally, homemade face masks.  These are usually meant to moisturize and are made with things you often have in your kitchen already.  I've made an oatmeal mask, which I have down below, but there are many to find online.  I plan to try different ones in the future and I will tell you all about them as I use them.
This oatmeal mask moisturized my skin, and I noticed it also temporarily tightened it.  My skin was also brightened, which I love when that happens, I look like a just had a day at the beach; shiny and new!  I know the sun doesn't normally do that, but for me it still does.  Talk to me in another five years...probably not so much.


Be sure to spend some time taking care of your skin, and have fun while doing it!
See y'all soon!
-Ms Curly Texan

No comments:

Post a Comment