Sunday, November 18, 2012

Orange You Sweet! Tutorial

I made this for a friend from church.  We had a meeting to go to and I car pooled with her so I wanted to make a little treat for her to say thank you.  I was going to make cookies, but we were out of eggs.  Which also meant I couldn't make brownies or cupcakes.  So I had to put something together that didn't need eggs and didn't need refridgeration.  Okay, so anything in the fridge was out, but I still looked.
Every now and again, we buy the really big bag of M&Ms.  For some reason, this past time we bought them, I felt the need to seperate them by color and put them in different baggies then put all those baggies into a large baggie.  Tom has eaten most of them.
"All but the red and orange," I said out loud. 
"Orange.  Orange?  Orange you gunna think of somethi--  ORANGE!  ORANGE YOU SWEET!"  It hit me with suprising force.
So that is how I came up with this!
 
ORANGE YOU SWEET!
 
This will be my first tutorial so be nice and bear (rawr) with.
 
Supplies:
 
  • your choice of amount-orange colored candy (I used M&Ms)
  • 1-clear goodie bag with twist tie
  • hot glue gun
  • stick glue
  • 6-8 inches-orange ribbon (shown with 1.5 inch cut off already)
  • hole punch
  • sissors (not shown)
  • matches or lighter (not shown)
  • "Orange You Sweet" tag (I couldn't figure how to post a print out, email me if you would like the tag print out)
Step 1:
Fill clear googie bag with your orange candy and tie it closed.
 
Step 2:
Print out and cut "Orange You Sweet" tags.  Paste together.  Hole punch.  Cut off 1.5 inch of ribbon.  Make a loop through the tag's hole and hot glue it closed.
 Tada!
 
Step 3:
Burn ends of remaining ribbon to keep from fraying.
 
Step 4:
Thread ribbon through the loop on the tag.  Write "To" and "From" on the back or write a little note of thanks.

 
Step 5:
Tie the tag onto the bag of candy.


 I kind of looped around and thread it through the loop again to make sure it was secure.
 
 
You should now have a sweet little treat to give someone to remind them that they are appriciated by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment