Saturday, May 30, 2015

There is Always a First Time

There are times that you think, I've lived past that stage but then, it happens.


I got my first nosebleed this morning.  That's why I look so shiny.  Plus it was taken by a phone in a poorly lit room.
Raven was having trouble last night sleeping so she ended up sleeping in our bed.  This morning she woke me up by wiggling then throwing her head back into my nose.  It didn't even really hurt.  My eyes didn't sting, nothing.  Then I felt something start to drip and felt like something popped.  I checked my nose and I was bleeding.  
I shook Tom and said, "Well, my nose is bleeding for the first time."
"Oh.  I've had my nose bleed once," he easily said.
This was a reference to when he was a kid and he bashed his head into an iron fence in Germany.
"Yeah, you had a nose gusher!"

I made my little plug and waited.
30 minutes.
I don't know if that's a bad bleed or not.

I am almost 27 and my baby gave me my first nose bleed.  That's even with getting a basketball thrown in my face, playing catcher without a mask sometimes...
I am always careful about babies' heads not hitting me in the face but Raven got me in my sleep.
Sneaky.
Parenting truly is all about firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment