Thursday, May 28, 2015

Update of Our Lives

This is a quick update of our lives.  Things have changed quite a bit for us and our new projects and ways we are doing things are reflecting that.  You need a background to understand a few future posts.

Three years ago, this summer, my father in law died.  When he first died, my mother in law moved in with my sister in law.  They lived right across the street from each other and they had a spare bedroom at the time.  In January of this year, Kathy felt she was ready to live alone.  We were living in her house so that meant it was time for us to move on.  Well, since we are living on student funds, at the moment, we didn't have a place we could move into yet.  My parent's house was our best option.  So we moved everything we own, just about, into a storage unit.  The only things we brought to my parent's house was our mattress, it's better than the one that was in the room we would be staying in, our clothes and our DVDs.  We also brought our snack foods and baby foods but we left most of the food with Kathy.  

We did live a few months together with Kathy before we moved in with my parents.  I will tell you the honest truth of how I felt about living with my mother in law.

It wasn't bad at all.
In fact, I enjoyed it.

Though we don't always have the same views as Kathy when raising kids, cooking and even grocery shopping, everything went just fine.  It was only a few months but I think if that house was big enough for all of us, we could've lived together in it.  Even though we lived well together, living on her own was something that Kathy felt she needed.  If she's liking it, I don't know but we are only fifteen minutes away.  We still attend the same ward also.  Not bad.

Now we are living with my parents and little brother.  Evelyn, Raven, Tom and I are now living in a 10'x12' room.  Yes, all four of us but that's really just sleeping.  Living, dining and kitchen are all common areas we use.

Now that leaves us to now and future posts about downsizing and living simplistically will make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment