Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Snow has Been Harvested!

The Texas snow has been harvested!

About two years ago I wrote this post about "Texas snow."   I wanted to write another for this years harvest!


Above is pictured a cotton field.  This was taken about thirty minutes from our house.  I was a bit late on taking pictures so the fields all around our house were already harvested so I took this on our way to buy Evelyn's school uniforms.  More on that here.  

Cotton getting harvested.

The old way; modules.

The newer way; bales.  


 Cotton sometimes comes in bales now.  If you didn't know what they came in before this doesn't seem like a big deal.  The newer way is wrapped more and smaller in size.  That means you can loose less.   If you didn't know, harvested cotton can catch on fire from the inside out which makes them seem like they combust randomly at times. You can read about a recent fire at the cotton gin here.


This post isn't about fires but about 
Harvest Time

It's about a time when things get cleared out.

A time when weather will (hopefully) be changing. 

A time to pick at new things unknown.  
Evelyn was hesitant until I touched it myself. 


Every year, on December 31st, millions of people make new year resolutions.  I like to do the same in August.   August has always represent the start of a new school year which meant the start of a new life almost.   It has been over five years since I've been in school--college--but I still prefer an academic planner. 

This August starts a new beginning.  My husband, Tom, is returning to school.  Pre-med. 
 More on that here

No comments:

Post a Comment