Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Eight Year Anniversary

Yesterday was our eight year anniversary, and I don't feel burned out.  Ever heard of that seven year itch?  That year ended with no need to scratch.  Didn't think we would either, though.  The necklace I'm wearing in this picture is the necklace I wore when we got married.  We bought it specially for that day from James Avery.  (It's no longer available.)

I have the "Heart with Garnet Twisted Wire" ring from James Avery on my left hand that I wear as a wedding ring, and on my right, I have my new "Tiny Hearts Band" that I got when we celebrated our anniversary last Saturday.  I've worn it on my index finger as well.  I want to get the thin stackable rings next.  I love James Avery jewelry!

To celebrate, we spent the day out together.  When we went to Texas Roadhouse to eat, Tom kept teasing me and told me he was setting the precedence for the next eight years.  Not so bad if you ask me.  I ordered the "Road Kill"; chop steak smothered in onions and mushrooms.  I got broccoli and a baked sweet potato topped with marshmallows and caramel on the side.  It was so good!  Tom got a juicy bacon burger.  Loaded potato wedged for an appetizer, too. After eating, we went to Half-Priced Books and bought a couple of vinyl records.  We went to Barnes and Noble, too.  Then we went to HEBPlus and bought two individual cheesecakes from the bakery; Tom got chocolate and I got cookies n' cream.  I tried Tom's and both were delicious!  We had a great time celebrating eight years of marriage!

I am very grateful for the blessings Heavenly Father has given me through my husband and our marriage.  An eternal marriage is a great and awesome blessing in itself and I am...over the moon that I have that.

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment